Last Updated: June 10, 2016
Because Cloze both integrates with a variety of content imported, with your authorization, from your social networks and your email applications, we take precautions to ensure that your personal information is protected.
● We won't sell your data
● We won't spam your email or social networks
● We'll be open and transparent as to how we will use your information within Cloze
These highlights provide key points about the personal information we collect through our Services, how we use it, and your choices about its use:
We use personal information to communicate with you, provide you with our Services, and to help us improve our Services. We collect your name and contact information as well as your Third Party Login Credentials for each Third Party Platform (as defined below), and if you purchase our Premium Services, we also collect your payment information ourselves or through a third party online payment service.
Your Privacy Choices
● You may review and correct your personal information and preferences
● You may opt-out of marketing and promotional emails from us
● You may opt-out of phone and postal marketing
● By using our Websites, you indicate your consent for Cloze to send cookies to your computer in order to uniquely identify your browser and improve the quality of our Services; however, you may turn off cookies in your browser though, in doing so, some or all of our Services may not work.
How to Reach Us if You Have a Question
By email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Cloze Services
The Websites and the Cloze Mobile Apps, and all services provided by Cloze via the Websites and/or Mobile Apps, now and as they become available (collectively, the "Services"). As part of the Services, Cloze organizes and provides efficient means to access and receive updates regarding your contacts that may have been previously dispersed over many different Third Party Platforms. "Third Party Platforms" are social networking, messaging, file storage, phone services, note taking, calendar and email services such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Google, Twitter, Slack, Dropbox, Microsoft Office 365, RingCentral, Evernote and other similar platforms, from which you authorize us to import, search, and access your contacts, messages, files, call records, notes, meetings, email and other similar communication records and documents. Cloze's Services enable you to access, organize and receive updates about those with whom you have professional relationships, including publicly available information about your professional contacts. After your Cloze account has been setup, you may use the Services to receive updates automatically each time new information is discovered about your contacts' data from a Third Party Platform or by another Cloze user with whom you've shared contacts.
What Is Personal Information?
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
We collect personal information you voluntarily provide to us, such as when you register for an account and create a profile, send us an email or post information or other content to our Site, or when other users provide information about you.
In order to use some features of the Websites, we may ask you to complete a registration form and create a user name and password ("Cloze Login Credentials"). During any such registration, you are required to give truthful contact information (such as name and email address) in accordance with our Terms of Service. We use this information to contact you about the Services on our Websites in which you have expressed interest. We also use it to create your user profile (your "Public Profile"). Your Public Profile contains personal information such as your first name, last name, organization, title, location, and a profile picture if available. A subset of your Public Profile information may be searched and viewed by other users of the Service. Except for your name and organization, you may be able to remove some personal information from your Public Profile. If you apply for or purchase a Premium Service requiring billing or payment information on our Websites, we require that you provide certain additional personal information, including your address, phone number, and credit card number ("Payment Information"). This information is necessary to process your requests and to contact you.
For instance, when you add a user as a Cloze Connection you will be able to view the Contact Profiles and Cloze Score for each of such user's contacts as well as other aggregate data as Cloze makes it available. You may also request that a Cloze Connection share additional information about a contact through the Services. Likewise, you may choose to share additional information about your contacts with your Cloze Connections. You may share such information as phone numbers, email addresses, social networks the contact belongs to and other information. By sharing data with your Cloze Connections the data becomes Shared Data.
Your data that remains Private Data even if you've chosen to share contact records from your Cloze Account is comprised of:
● Contents of your imported email archives including, without limitation, subject, body and attachments;
● Contents of your messages, files, meetings, to dos and notes imported from Third Party Platforms, uploaded to Cloze, or created in Cloze;
● Contact record notes;
● Cloze Login Credentials;
● Third Party Login Credentials; and
● Your Payment Information.
Please note that, once you provide Shared Data with other users, there are no restrictions on these users from sharing that Shared Data, through the Site or otherwise, with any third parties or using that Shared Data for any purpose.
We track the data you see in Cloze and how you interact with it by automatically collecting certain information when you use our Site and our Services, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your operating system, the browser type, the address of a referring site and your activity on our Site. We treat this information as Private Data if we combine it with or link it to any of the your personal information. Otherwise, it is used in aggregate form only. We use tracking data about individuals in an anonymous and aggregated form to inform us about how Cloze is being used to help us provide a better user experience.
Cloze keeps personal information contained in your cookies confidential. We do not set any cookies outside of the cloze.com domain. We do not plan to participate in any personalized advertising or retargeting services.
How Do We Use the Personal Information We Collect?
● to create, organize, and update your contact records in your Cloze account;
● to enable you to share your information and communicate with other users;
● to provide our Services or information you request, and to process and complete any transactions;
● to respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, requests, and complaints and provide customer service;
● to monitor and analyze Site usage and trends, and to personalize and improve our Site and our users' experiences on our Site, such as content, or features that match their profiles or interests, and to increase our Site's functionality and user friendliness;
● to send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, our Site; and
● for any other purpose for which the information was collected.
What does Cloze do with the information you upload or connect?
This Site is operated from and hosted on servers located in the United States. Your information may be transferred around the world to countries in which we do business, including to affiliates, service providers or third parties, which may be located in jurisdictions that may not have the same level of data protection laws as those in your home country.
What Personal Information Do We Share With Third Parties?
Cloze exists to make your professional network more actionable, not to sell your data.
In order to search for public information about your contacts on the Internet, we may use your Third Party Login Credentials and/or Public Profile information to search for information about your contacts on Third Party Platforms. In addition we may check for public information about your contacts from third party data providers by using the contact records in your Cloze account. In such cases, we require such third parties to agree to confidentiality restrictions and to meet privacy standards at least as stringent as ours in protecting your data for such purpose. We may use your contact records in your Cloze account to the extent it is Shared Data to check whether public information is available regarding those contact records and confirm that they are accurate, and to correct such information if not. We will not share your contact records in your Cloze account with third parties other than to use data interchange look-up services as discussed above.
We share personal information as follows:
● In your Public Profile information as part of a Service to search for other users;
● to provide the Services to update your Cloze account and Cloze Scores;
● when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you on our Site that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
● when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants or court orders;
● in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the business assets of us;
● information you share on the Websites, such as when you transmit or post a message to another user through the Services; and
● If you apply for or purchase a product or Premium Service requiring financial information on our Websites; we may share your financial information with a third party payment processing service provider to process payment or we may direct you to provide that information directly to such third party.
We are not responsible for the actions of service providers or other third parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties.
Many communications you initiate through Cloze (e.g., an invitation sent to a non-User) will list your primary email address and name in the header of the message. Messages you initiate may also provide basic information about your network. Other communications that you initiate through the Websites, like a request for an introduction, will list your name as the initiator, but will not include your personal email address or contact information. Your Contact Profile will be shared with another user if both of you have indicated that you would like to establish contact with each other. Cloze may also share your Contact Profile with other users who we predict that you have a pre-existing relationship.
You may choose to provide us with another person's e-mail address so that person may be invited to create an account on our Websites. By providing us with another person's e-mail address, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the person concerned as regards such disclosure to us of that e-mail address. All invitees are provided with the option not to receive further invitations. We may disclose such information if required to do so in order to comply with legal process, as described above.
Links to Other Sites
What Steps Do We Take To Protect Your Information Online?
We take measures to protect your Personal Information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse.
Cloze is hosted by Amazon Web Services (AWS), who employ their own security measures. AWS employs industry-recognized certifications and audits: PCI DSS Level 1, ISO 27001, FISMA Moderate, HIPAA, and SAS 70 Type II. Their services and data centers have multiple layers of operational and physical security to ensure the integrity and safety of your data. You can read more about AWS security here.
What Choices Do You Have Regarding the Use of Your Information?
You may "opt out" of receiving marketing or promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails or by emailing us at email@example.com. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your Cloze account or our ongoing business relations.
We provide you the opportunity to "opt-out" of having your personal information used for certain purposes, when we ask for this information. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, if any, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changing or Deleting Your Information
You may review, update, correct or delete the personal information in your account by contacting us at email@example.com. By deleting your data in your account, then we may deactivate your account. You may request deletion of your data at any time, unless you have shared your data with others and they have not deleted it, or it was copied or stored by other users while displayed by you to others through the Services. Your account will be closed after a period of inactivity of six months or such other period of time as we may choose from time to time. You also authorize us, on your behalf, and in accordance with your account preferences to delete information when not reasonably needed for the Services. If you have shared your data with others and they have not deleted it, or it was copied or stored by other users, Cloze will not be obligated to delete such information.
We reserve the right to disclose your Personal Information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or the rights, property or safety of others; to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on us or the Websites; or in connection with an actual or proposed corporate transaction or insolvency proceeding involving all or part of the business or asset to which the information pertains.
Our Services are not directed to persons under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information from our files.
Copyright © 2017 Cloze, Inc. All Rights Reserved.